The RTG 2578 offers research projects for 11 PhD and 9 MD students. The application process for PhD candidates ended on October, 15th 2020. Please do not send applications any more. The considered applicants will soon be informed of the time, place and type of the interview.
The application process for MD candidates has started. Application deadline is the 30th of July.
June 14, 2021
Call for applications: Scholarships for doctoral MD students in the RTG 2578 (Promotionsstipendien für Medizin-Studierende)
The Research Training Group 2578 "Impact of genotoxins on the differentiation efficacy of murine and human stem and progenitor cells and functional competence of thereof derived differentiated progeny" is looking for three MD students for doctoral research projects.
Scholarships for doctoral MD students are available in September 2021. Monthly stipends (853€) can cover up to 9 months. At least one research semesters and the respective semester breaks are obligatory for conducting the practical research work and preparing the written thesis. During this time, the MD students will have the opportunity to participate in the official training program (i.e. lectures, seminars) provided by the RTG 2578. Detailed descriptions of the currently available projects can be found here.
- Completion of 4th semester and completed midterm exam (1. Abschnitt der ärztlichen Prüfung)
- Enrollment at the University Düsseldorf (HHU)
- High motivation, interest and dedication for experimental research in the field of the RTG.
- Close supervision by the principle investigator (PI)
- Detailed training of lab methods and daily guidance by staff members
- Scholarship (853,- € / month) for up to 9 month
- Participation in the RTG-related advanced toxicology-oriented education program
- Completely filled and signed RTG 2578 application form
- Cover letter / Motivation letter (max. 1 page)
- Curriculum vitae
- Transcript of records to prove the above-mentioned requirements (including the M1 exam certificate)
- School report / certificate (Abiturzeugnis)
If you are interested in a research project for your doctoral thesis, please send your application with the required documents in one PDF document to email@example.com. Please feel free to contact the coordinator with any inquiries about the projects, application procedure or the RTG. On our website (www.grk2578.hhu.de) you can find information about the individual research projects, project leaders and our curriculum! Application deadline is 30.07.2021.
Personal data will be reviewed for the application process, shared with the people involved in the procedure and stored for the duration of the application process. Please only submit your application if you agree to these terms.