Infectious Diseases and Type 1 Diabetes Research Group
- Prof. Dr. Marc Jacobsen (PhD), Gruppenleiter
- Dr. Julia Seyfarth (MD), Fachärztin
- Miguel Lopez Venegas (MSc), Doktorand
- Dr. Norman Nausch, (PhD), Postdoc
- Ernest Adankwah (MSc), Doktorand
- Sarah Plicht (BSc), Masterstudentin
- Anna Scheel (BSc), Masterstudentin
- Jean De Dieu Harelimana (MSc), Doktorand
- Alptekin Güler (MSc), Doktorand
(from left to right)
Our group focuses on immunologic aspects of chronic infectious diseases. Mycobacterial infections (i.e. tuberculosis, buruli ulcer disease, atypical mycobacterial infections) as well as co-infections are in the center of our scientific interest. Especially T-cell dependent immunity with an emphasis on i) cytokine signaltransduction and regulation, ii) T-cell polarisation, iii) antimycobacterial Effektormechanisms is investigated.
In close cooperation with the group of PD Dr. Thomas Meissner we aim to decypher T-cell dependent mechanisms underlying development of autoimmunity in children with type-1 diabetes.