The Centre for Health and Society (chs) is an interdisciplinary consortium integrating multiple institutes at the Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf (HHU) and the German Diabetes Center Düsseldorf.
chs member institutes:
• the Institute for General Practice (Prof. Wilm),
• the Institute for Occupational, Social and Environmental Medicine (Prof. Angerer) with
• the Working Group on Environmental Epidemiology (Prof. Hoffmann),
• the Institute for Biometry and Epidemiology - DDZ (Prof. Kuß),
• the Department of the History, Philosophy and Ethics of Medicine (Prof. Fangerau),
• the Institute of Medical Sociology (Prof. Dragano) and
• the Institute for Health Services Research and Health Economics (Prof. Icks).
The primary aim of the chs is to study and improve social and other contextual conditions surrounding healthy living and modern health care. In pursuit of this, scientists from different academic fi elds related to population health and biopsychosocial perspectives of individual health care collaborate closely in an interdisciplinary environment. A high priority is placed on international, cutting-edge research and participating in national and European cooperative research projects.