Our insitute offers statistical consulting by our scientific staff. This consultancy service is free of charge and primarily addressed to (doctoral) students at HHU starting their thesis or dissertation, but it is also open to other scientists at HHU and further institutions associated or cooperating with HHU.
Please contact us as soon as possible. It is very important that you make use of our consultancy service before your thesis/dissertation or research project starts, as it is crucial to take the statistical part into consideration during the planning phase of your project.
Please note that the following tasks are not usually part of our statistical consulting services:
- Answering questions about specific software, especially introduction to the software: A large number of courses are already offered for this, even at HHU.
- Interpretation/calculation of your data: We do not take over the complete interpretation and calculation of the data for you, but will be happy to advise you on how to proceed yourself and which statistical methods are suitable.
- Answering general enquiries without a specific question: We ask you to explain your question as precisely as possible. Only then can we assess to what extent we can help you and whether, for example, specific expertise still needs to be obtained.
Please write us an email (click here) with the following details:
- your name
- your phone number
- your email address
- name of your your institute/clinic
- whether the consultation can be in English (please write us in English then)
- details of your project/your question
The more Information we receive from you, the more likely we can prepare your consultation appointment in the best way. We will then contact you to arrange an appointment and clarify further questions.