Working group „Prevention research“
The working group „Prevention research“ works on a broad spectrum of prevention topics and investigates current developments, such as the contribution of prevention to the reduction of social inequality or new approaches to work place based prevention. In addition to the analysis of processes and effects of prevention and health promotion, we also aim at advancing methodological approaches of prevention research.
Research questions include:
- How can we use routine data collections for the evaluation of prevention and health promotion programs?
- Is participation in municipal prevention programs related to better health of school children?
- What characteristics explain the fact that socially disadvantaged individuals are more often showing an unhealthy lifestyle?
- Which strategies of health promotion in socially and economically disadvantaged communities can we find on national and European level?
Our staff are currently working together with policy makers to facilitate decisions on federal, state and communal level. This includes following cooperations:
- Public health departments in cities and municipalities
- Research association “gesund aufwachsen” (healthy growing up)
- National centre “Frühe Hilfen” (Early Help)
- Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Auflärung (Federal Centre for Health Education)
- Cooperation network “Gesundheitliche Chancengleichheit” (Equal opportunities in health