Research Group Experimental Vascular Medicine
Our laboratory is interested in signal transduction mechanisms of platelet adhesion and activation, aggregation and thrombus formation. Arterial thrombosis and the impact of platelets in myocardial infarction, atherogenesis and other inflammatory diseases are investigated in in vivo and in vitro models.
- Signal transduction mechanisms following platelet adhesion and thrombus formation
- Cytoskeletal reorganization of platelets and impact of Rho proteins and their regulators in platelet activation and thrombus formation
- Molecular mechanisms of integrin regulation and Ca2+ mobilization
- Cardiovascular disease models (mouse models of arterial thrombosis, myocardial ischemia and reperfusion, atherogenesis)
- Cellular mechanisms of platelet mediated inflammation, e.g. after acute myocardial infarction, liver injury, etc.
- Platelet mediated mechanisms (cell survival, angiogenesis, protein fibrillization, tissue repair) in inflammatory and (neuro-)degenerative diseases