We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher to join our research project Improving deep brain stimulation through artificial intelligence. The aim of the project is to generate clinically useful recommendations for DBS therapy based on electrophysiological and imaging markers of movement disorders. More info here: www.uniklinik-duesseldorf.de/en/institute-of-clinical-neuroscience-and-medical-psychology/about-our-research/ag-hirschmann/dbs-ai.
The postdoctoral researcher will conduct experiments and data analyses independently, contribute own ideas, prepare publications and help with supervision and organizational tasks. The position is available from 1st of January 2024 and limited to two years initially. Payment accords to the regulations for the German public sector (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst der Länder).
What we offer
- design and conduct your own project in clinical neuroscience/movement disorders
- possibility to combine MEG with intracranial recordings in DBS patients
- lab-owned server for big data processing, including GPUs
- young, dynamic group with flat hierarchies
- regular social events
- help with finding housing and with the German administration
What we are looking for
- PhD in the natural sciences, computer science, engineering or psychology
- intrinsic motivation and a passion for brain research
- expertise in scientific data analysis and programming (preferably Python or Matlab)
- first author publications in peer-reviewed, academic journals
- expertise in at least two of the following: M/EEG, machine learning/AI, local field potential recordings, motion tracking, MRI, scientific databases
Applications should include a statement of research interests and reasons for applying, a curriculum vitae including a list of publications, PhD certificate, PhD thesis, and the names and e-mail addresses of two referees. Please send applications to Jan.Hirschmann@med.uni-duesseldorf.de (pdf only, emails with MSWord attachments are blocked).